You do so much for so many and seldom put yourself first. That’s why we’re giving away R20 000 for you to spend on the things you love most.
All participants, by entering the competition, agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
1. Entry into the competition and/or acceptance of a prize (in the event of winning a prize) constitutes a binding acceptance of the terms and conditions on behalf of the winner.
2. No staff member of 1st for Women and/or any of its associated or affiliated companies and/or agencies, and staff members or their immediate family may enter the competition.
3. The prize available to the winner is R20 000.
4. Participants are allowed to enter the competition using the following entry mechanism:
4.1 Facebook- To enter, entrants must click on the link provided through the 1st for Women Facebook page. They will then be asked to answer the competition question and submit their details to gain entry into the competition.
4.2 The competition question is: Which insurer offers insurance tailor-made for women?
5. No persons under 18 years of age may enter the competition.
6. A person may enter as many times as they wish.
7. Only people legally living in South Africa will be eligible to take part in this competition.
8. Anyone eligible can enter; this competition is not exclusive to 1st for Women clients.
9. Participants are not eligible to partake in or win a competition if they have won a competition promoted by 1st for Women within the past six months. Winners may participate in a competition promoted by 1st for Women after the expiry of six months from the date on which they won the last competition.
10. By entering this competition, contestants agree to receive marketing and/or promotional material from 1st for Women and/or any of their associated or affiliated companies. No contestant or winner of this competition is in any way obliged to enter into a contract of insurance with 1st for Women and/or a contract with any of their associated or affiliated companies.
11. The winners will be randomly selected by 1st for Women. The conducting of the competition shall be overseen by an independent person appointed by 1st for Women.
12. It is the entrants’ responsibility to ensure that their entry is received by 1st for Women prior to the closure of the competition. Any entries which are not received by 1st for Women prior to the closure of the competition will not be eligible to participate, regardless of the reason for the late entry.
13. 1st for Women and its affiliates are not responsible for any entries which are not received, whether timeously or at all, regardless of the cause thereof. Without limitation, 1st for Women and its affiliates are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failure or malfunction, traffic congestion (whether or on the Internet, or at any service provider, web site or other device or medium), or any combination thereof, or any other technical or other problems.
14. 1st for Women and its affiliates are not responsible for any injury or damage to entrants or any other person’s computer, mobile telephone or other device used by entrants to enter into, or obtain any materials related to, the competition.
15. It is the entrants’ responsibility to ensure that any information which they provide to 1st for Women is accurate, complete and up to date.
16. Any costs or expenses which entrants may incur other than in respect of those items specifically included in a prize are for their own account 1st for Women will not be responsible for any costs or expenses which they incur during and for purposes of their entry into the competition and their acceptance and/or use of a prize.
17. 1st for Women does not make any representations or give any warranties, whether expressly or implicitly, as to a prize, and in particular, but without limitation, make no representations and give no warranty that –
17.1 their entry or participation in the competition will necessarily result in entrants winning a prize;
17.2 a prize, or any aspect thereof, will meet the winners requirements, preferences, standards or expectations; or
17.3 a prize, or any aspect thereof, will be satisfactory.
18. 1st for Women and its affiliates will not be responsible for any harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of a prize or any changes to a prize that may be made at any time.
19. Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for any other item.
20. Entrants may not win the prize if it is unlawful for 1st for Women to supply such a prize to them. If an entrant is selected as the winner and it is deemed unlawful they will forfeit the prize.
21. The competition starts on 19 April 2017 and ends on 30 June 2017. The winners will be announced within two weeks of the competition concluding.
22. The winner will be notified by means of telephone or email.
22.1 In the event the winner agrees to the disclosure of their name in the marketing of the competition, a prize handover will be arranged with the winner and this will take place in Johannesburg.
22.2 If 1st for Women or a third party is unable to contact winners either via email or telephone within 30 days (contact will be attempted weekly) or if the winners are unable to collect the prize within 30 days, the winners will forfeit the prize and 1st for Women reserves the right to re-draw a new winner under the same conditions.
23. In the event that an entrant wins a prize, they agree to the publication of their name and to appear in person, in the electronic media and the print media, and they agree, within reason, to endorse, promote or advertise 1st for Women goods or services, for which no fee will be payable. Should the prize winner not agree to partaking in the above, such decision should be expressed in writing.
24. 1st for Women may require the winners to provide additional information as they may reasonably require to process and facilitate their acceptance and/or use of a prize.
25. In the event that entrants win the prize, 1st for Women will notify the entrants that they are winners and will contact them to arrange the delivery thereof. In this regard, the prize will be delivered via EFT by 1st for Women. All correspondence regarding the prize must be directed to 1st for Women.
26. 1st for Women reserves the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which they deem necessary. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, entrants agree to waive any rights, interests and expectations that they may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against 1st for Women, their affiliates and third-party suppliers.
27. Entrants agree that their participation in the competition, and their acceptance and/or use of a prize, or any aspect thereof, is at their own risk.
28. 1st for Women and their affiliates will not be responsible, and disclaim all liability for any loss, liability, injury, expense or damage (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, which is suffered by entrants due to participation in the competition or the acceptance and/or use by them, or their partners (if applicable), of any prize, or by any action taken by 1st for Women or any of 1st for Women’s affiliates in accordance with the terms and conditions.
29. If the winner fails to comply with any of the terms and conditions, then without prejudice to any other remedy which we may have, –
29.1. they will be automatically disqualified and they will forfeit the prize/s (in the event that they have already won a prize);
29.2 they will reimburse 1st for Women for any loss or damage incurred by 1st for Women directly or indirectly as a result of their non‑compliance, including all of their legal costs (including attorney and own client costs) which 1st for Women may incur in taking any steps pursuant to the winner’s non-compliance; and
29.3 winners indemnify and hold 1st for Women and their affiliates harmless against any claim by any person, (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any death, injury, loss and/or damage which may be suffered howsoever arising in relation to their failure to comply therewith.
30. For purposes hereof, "affiliate" means 1st for Women’s partners, co‑promoters and sponsors of this competition, 1st for Women subsidiaries, and their subsidiaries and respective holding companies, the subsidiaries of their holding companies, and 1st for Women and their directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives.
31. These terms and conditions will be construed, interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa
32. 1st for Women and the judges' decision on any matter concerning the competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final and binding on the winners, and no correspondence will be entered into.
33. Any violation or attempt to violate any of the above rules will result in the immediate disqualification of the entrant.
34. 1st for Women is an authorised financial services provider (FSP license no: 15261).