We know how devastated you would be if anything was to happen to any of your home contents, but life is unpredictable, that’s why we offer you a Home Contents Insurance Policy in case any of the following unexpectedly happens:
- Fire, lightning, explosion, and/or earthquake.
- Burst water pipes.
- Storms and floods.
- Damage to your home and outbuildings by animals, vehicles and falling trees (but not while they are being felled).
- Aircraft falling on your home or objects falling from the aircraft onto your home.
- Malicious or intentional damage.
- Break-in or theft where we can see the damage caused by the break-in.
- Subsidence (sinking) of land and landslips.
- Food that spoils in your fridge during a power outage.
- Washing stolen from the line and garden furniture stolen from your garden.
- Your guests’ belongings that are stolen from your home.
- Money stolen from your home (provided there is evidence of a break-in).
- Locks and keys damaged during a break-in.
- Handbag cover
- Medical expenses for an injury caused by your pet or a defect in your building.
- Veterinary expenses for your household pet.
Please note that your garages, outbuildings, swimming pool, walls and gates are all covered by Buildings Insurance.
To determine what should be included under your Home Contents Insurance policy, imagine taking the roof off your home and turning it upside down; everything that falls out constitutes your home contents. Then, consider what it would cost to replace all these items at today’s values – that is how much you should insure your home contents for.
Included in this policy is our Home Assist benefit, at no extra cost, because we believe that emergencies at home don’t need to turn into nightmares. With Home Assist, we’ll cover the call-out fee plus one hour’s labour for the services of plumbers, electricians, glaziers and locksmiths. You’ll also have full access to a comprehensive database where referrals are given for builders, carpet specialists, painters, garden services and fire damage repairers. Now, this is what we call putting you first!