At the office: Healthy Snack Ideas
We can all relate to occasionally eating badly at the office. Sometimes meetings run over lunch time, and sometimes the vending machine is just too tempting.
Here are a few economically friendly, fresh ideas, which we’ve separated into “Minimal Effort” and “Prep Snacks”.
- Boiled eggs – sprinkled with peri-peri spice or cayenne pepper
- A big bag of peanuts, separated into little containers (less expensive than single servings!)
- Cream cheese wedges
- Mini yoghurts
- Any raw veg that you prefer, like runner beans or carrot sticks
- Provitas with mozzarella and cherry tomatoes
- Cracker bread and low fat cream cheese
- Popcorn (air-popped for the extremely healthy)
- Mini soup portions - Make/buy some of your favourite soup and freeze it in separate containers, to be warmed up in the microwave when you’re ready for a snack.
- Meatballs - There are tons of easy recipes and it takes very little time to prepare these treats.
- Smoothies - A dollop of yoghurt, a dash of milk, and some fruit (bananas and strawberries are delicious) – blended together and you have a healthy snack for tomorrow!
- Chicken strips - YUM! Grill chicken strips the night before with a pinch of seasoning.
- Fruit salad - If you’re taking this to work, it’s often nicer to pack the fruit you’re going to use and chop it up at the office. If you prefer to bring it readymade, then don’t forget to drizzle lemon juice over the fruit to keep it fresher for longer.
Happy snacking ladies!