Can you afford to get cheap car insurance?
We all love a good deal: A designer handbag at a great discount, aeroplane tickets at lower-than-normal cost, and negotiating down the price and feeling proud of our bargaining skills. Unfortunately, when it comes to cheap car insurance, this is one place a bargain could actually hurt rather than help. At First for Women, our goal is to make sure you’re getting the best car insurance for your budget, and we’ll help you find a policy that works for you.
Why cheap car insurance isn’t always the best option
When it comes to cheap car insurance, there is a very low price tag attached. Often a price that is too good to be true. But you have to trust your intuition here; it’s the same internal voice of reason who told you how important it is to be properly insured. So, before considering cheap car insurance, you must always read the fine print. You may find that your cheap car insurance policy will be of little help to you when you need it if you ever find yourself in the unfortunate situation of needing to make a car insurance claim.
You can still get good car insurance without spending a fortune, and First for Women can help.
5 Dangers of cheap car insurance
Here are some of the main reasons why you never want to cut corners.
Less money equals less cover. Does your cheap car insurance policy cover theft, damage, dents, or roadside assistance? Often, the policyholder is left to bear the cost of incidents and accidents.
Poor customer service. Accidents happen at inconvenient times, and you want to know that if you call your insurance company in the middle of the night for roadside assistance, someone will be there for you. This is unlikely to be the case when all you have is a poor insurance policy at low rates.
Higher excess. Cheap car insurance an offer such low costs because many low-cost policies will drive the excess way up. This means that the amount you contribute to any claim is much higher than good quality insurance cover. Before signing a policy, we advise that you make sure you are aware of the excess rates and that you can afford them.
Uninsured for certain areas. You should understand the full scope of the coverage and any fine print about which repair shops can handle your car insurance claims, which companies are approved for roadside assistance, and more. A less than comprehensive, cheap car insurance plan may leave you at risk of being uninsured for certain costly aspects that you will have to pay out of pocket.
Missing valuable extras. Reputable companies like First for Women offer fast claims processing and work with you after an accident or claim to ensure you have what you need to get back on the road quickly and safely. Often, cheap insurance companies will fail to do so and are unlikely to offer any of the value or benefits that go with service excellence.
The benefits of comprehensive car insurance
Now that you understand the dangers of cheap car insurance, it’s time to start thinking about the best car insurance plan for your vehicle. A comprehensive car insurance plan is one of the best options on the market. This is a robust plan that includes cover for theft, loss, and accidental damage to your car, as well as cover for third-party and fire damage. But there is even more for women to rely on when it comes to this sort of plan. Included in comprehensive insurance is the First for Women Guardian Angel on Call roadside assistance plan. Run out of fuel, have a dead battery, an accident, a flat tyre, or need a tow truck? Your guardian angel at First for Women has you covered 24/7.
5 tips to help you lower your car insurance costs
Here are some proven money-saving tips and ideas to help keep your monthly insurance premiums low.
● Drive safely. This is the most important factor in car insurance pricing. The more claims you have on your record, the higher the premiums will be. And, of course, there is personal safety for you and your fellow drivers and passengers.
● Compare quotes. Make sure you’re getting the best deal and the best coverage with quotes from reputable insurance providers.
● Bundle and save. At First for Women, we offer many types of insurance, including life policies, home contents, and more. With a complete package deal, you’ll save money.
● Keep your info updated. Many people don’t know this, but moving could save you money on your monthly coverage. Not only is this a crucial part of keeping your insurance policy up to date, but moving to a safer location—like a place with covered or secured parking—can reduce monthly premiums. Be sure to ask about adding additional discounts for things like anti-theft devices.
● Choose a higher excess amount. This tip isn’t for everyone, but if you’re looking for lower monthly costs, this is a fast and easy way to get there. It does come with a price tag though: if you need to file a claim, you’ll pay more out of pocket. So, make sure you’re aware of all the details before opting into a high excess amount.
Get car insurance with First for Women
Whether you’re a safe driver or someone with a few bumps on their record, First for Women can help you find the perfect insurance plan for your needs. There is never a need to resort to cheap car insurance plans with unreliable service, limited coverage, and lots of fine print. Get started with a car insurance quote today from First for Women.