Leave your details and we’ll call you back with a quote
Competition Terms and Conditions
This festive season 1st for Women will be giving away R5 000 in cash to 20 clients to celebrate the Holiday season with you.
The promoter of the competition is First for Women Insurance Company Limited, herein after referred to as “1st for Women” (Registration number:1998/004804/06), an authorised financial services provider (FSP: 15261), whose registered office is at Auto & General Park, 1 Telesure Lane, Riverglen, Dainfern, 2191.
DURATION OF THE COMPETITION
1 . The competition commences on 1 January 2019 and will continue every month thereafter until 1st for Women withdraws the competition.
WHO MAY ENTER THE COMPETITION
2. The competition is open to all existing and new 1st for Women clients whose insurance cover is in force and whose premiums are paid in full during a specific collections month.
WHO MAY NOT ENTER THE COMPETITION
3. The competition is not open to-
3.1. directors, members, partners, agents, employees or consultants of 1st for Women and/ or any of their associated or affiliated companies and/ or agencies or any supplier of goods or services in connection with a competition; and
3.2. the spouse, life partner, business partner or associate, or the natural or adopted parent, child or sibling, of any person specified in the above.
HOW TO ENTER
4. To enter and qualify for the monthly prize, participants will be required to complete the minimum entry level requirements as stipulated by 1st for Women and communicated to policyholders for the respective month. This may include, but will not necessarily be limited to:
4.1. Completing questionnaires that may be sent monthly via SMS and/or email to all policyholders whose insurance cover is in force and whose premiums are paid in full; and / or
4.2. Registering on the 1st for Women online platform by completing all appropriate fields required during the registration process; and / or
4.3. Downloading and registering on the 1st for Women App and completing the required profile.
1st for Women in its sole discretion reserves the right to determine and stipulate the requirements that will be applicable to a particular month, which will be duly communicated to the policyholders in an appropriate medium.
HOW MANY TIMES CAN YOU ENTER?
5. Eligible participants will qualify for one entry per calendar month per active policy.
6. The prize available to the winner is R5 000 (five thousand rand) in cash. A total of 60 (twenty) winners will be drawn every month.
7. The policyholder of the policy will be the winning party regardless of who the paying party is.
REQUIREMENTS YOU MUST MEET TO USE THE PRIZE
8. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable.
9. You must possess whatever documents and permissions that may be required in order to accept and use a prize, which documents and permissions is your responsibility to obtain at your own cost, and which documents and permissions must remain valid in such minimum form and for such minimum period after the prize date as may be required by the relevant authorities.
10. 1st for Women may require you to provide us with such additional information and documentation as we may reasonably require in order to process, confirm and facilitate your acceptance and/or use of a prize. If you refuse to provide us with the requested information or documentation, you will forfeit the prize.
DELIVERY AND / OR ACCEPTANCE OF PRIZE
11. 1st for Women will make the necessary arrangements for the delivery of the prize and duly inform the winner.
12. Delivery and / or acceptance of the prize may take up to two weeks after the winner has been announced.
HOW WILL WINNERS BE NOTIFIED
13. Twent winners will be drawn every month. The draw will take place on the fifteenth day of the following month, unless the fifteenth day falls on a weekend, in which case the draw will take place on the first business day following such weekend.
14. The winners will be notified by email and/or DM on Twitter/Facebook and/or a telephone call or letter within 30 days of the draw date of the competition.
15. The winners may be invited to participate in a prize giving hosted by 1st for Women.
WHAT HAPPENS IF THE WINNER CANNOT BE CONTACTED OR IS NOT ABLE TO TAKE UP THE PRIZE
16. 1st for Women will attempt to contact the winner three times within a 72 hour period with the contact details provided. Should 1st for Women fail to contact the winner after this time, the winner will forfeit the prize and 1st for Women reserves the right to re-draw a new winner under the same conditions.
GROUNDS FOR DISQUALIFICATION
17. You may not win a prize if it is unlawful for 1st for Women to supply such a prize to you. If you do win such a prize, you will forfeit it.
18. If you fail to comply with any of the terms and conditions, then without prejudice to any other remedy which 1st for Women may have, you will be automatically disqualified and you will forfeit the prize/s (in the event that you have already won a prize).
19. Should 1st for Women receive a notification of a failed deduction after the close of the competition and announcement of the winner, the prize shall be reclaimed from the winner and a new winner shall be selected under the same conditions of a randomized draw.
20. Your entry into the competition and/or your acceptance of a prize (in the event that you win a prize) constitutes your binding acceptance of the terms and conditions.
21. If you use a mobile phone for entry into the competition, the telephone calls / text messages/ data usage will be charged at the prevailing rates, which may vary from time to time. "Free" minutes under a cell-phone contract do not apply.
22. It is your responsibility to ensure that your entry is received by 1st for Women prior to the closure of the competition. Any entries which are not received by 1st for Women prior to the closure of the competition will not be eligible to participate, regardless of the reason for the late entry. 1st for Women and its affiliates are not responsible for any entries which are not received by 1st for Women, whether timeously or at all, regardless of the cause thereof. Without limitation, 1st for Women and its affiliates are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failure or malfunction, traffic congestion (whether physical, or on the Internet, telephone lines or at any service provider, web site or other device or medium), or any combination thereof, or any other technical or other problems.
23. 1st for Women and our affiliates are not responsible for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer, mobile telephone or other device used by you to enter into, or obtain any materials related to, the competition.
24. It is your responsibility to ensure that any information which you provide to 1st for Women is accurate, complete and up to date. Should any of the data provided by yourself in connection with this competition prove to be invalid, inaccurate, and false or misleading, your entry shall be disregarded and you shall be prohibited from entering any further 1st for Women competitions for a set period to be determined by 1st for Women.
25. 1st for Women does not make any representations or give any warranties, whether expressly or implicitly, as to a prize, and in particular, but without limitation, make no representations and give no warranty that –
25.1. your entry or participation in the competition will necessarily result in you winning a prize; or
25.2. a prize, or any aspect thereof, will meet your, requirements, preferences, standards or expectations.
26. 1st for Women and our affiliates will not be responsible for any harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of a prize or any changes to a prize that may be made at any time.
27. Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for any other item.
28. 1st for Women may invite you to be present when the prize winners are determined or announced, to participate in any of our marketing activities, to appear in person in the electronic media and/or the print media, and/or to endorse, promote or advertise any of our goods or services, for which no fee, royalty or other compensation will be payable. You may decline such an invitation.
29. 1st for Women and our third party suppliers, as the case may be, reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which we deem necessary. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, you agree to waive any rights, interests and expectations that you may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge that you will have no recourse against us, our affiliates and third party suppliers.
30. You agree that your participation in the competition, and your acceptance and/or use of a prize, or any aspect thereof, is at your own risk.
31. 1st for Women and our affiliates will not be responsible, and disclaim all liability, for any loss, liability, injury, expense or damage (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, which is suffered by your participation in the competition or the acceptance and/or use by you, or your partner (if applicable), of any prize, or by any action taken by us or any of our affiliates in accordance with the terms and conditions.
32. You, and in the event of your death, your family, dependents, heirs, assignees or any other beneficiaries of your estate, indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by you, or your partner (if applicable), (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any injury, loss, liability, expense and/or damage which you may suffer, howsoever arising, in relation to your entry into this competition and/or acceptance and/or use by you of a prize.
33. You acknowledge that the acceptance and use of a prize is subject to the proviso that –
33.1. all of the terms and conditions will apply to both you and your partner (if applicable), and you will ensure that your partner agrees to be bound and complies, and will continue to comply, therewith;
33.2. you will take full responsibility for your partner;
33.3. you indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by your partner or any third party in the event that your partner suffers any loss or damage pursuant to your partner’s acceptance and/or use of a prize;
33.4. any minor will be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
34. By entering this competition, contestants agree to receive marketing and/or promotional material from 1st for Women and/or any of their associated or affiliated companies. No contestant or winner of this competition is in any way obliged to enter into a contract of insurance with 1st for Women and/or a contract with any of their associated or affiliated companies.
35. For purposes hereof, "affiliate" means 1st for Womens’ partners, co promoters and sponsors of this competition, our subsidiaries, our and their subsidiaries and respective holding companies, the subsidiaries of their holding companies, and our and their directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives.
36. These terms and conditions will be construed, interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of contract and dispute resolution in the Republic of South Africa
37. 1st for Women and the judges' decision on any matter concerning the competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final and binding on you, and no correspondence will be entered into.