1st for Women is running a competition in the August 2020 edition of the newsletter where customers stand a chance to win one of 100 custom-made, limited edition Fearless t-shirts from 1st for Women.
Customers will be required to email their written story of how their experience lead them to fear-less. Stories must be emailed to [email protected]. The competition will run from 4 August to 4 September 2020.
The promoter of the competition is 1st for Women Insurance Company Limited, herein after referred to as “1st for Women” (Registration number:1998/004804/06), an authorised insurer and financial services provider (FSP: 15261), whose registered office is at Auto & General Park, 1 Telesure Lane, Riverglen, Dainfern, 2191.
DURATION OF THE COMPETITION
1. The competition commences on 4 August 2020 and ends on 4 September 2020 (both days inclusive). After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
WHO MAY ENTER?
2. The competition is open to 1st for Women customers who are permanent residents and citizens of South Africa, over the age of 18 years and in possession of a valid South African Identity Document.
WHO MAY NOT ENTER?
3. This competition is not open to:
3.1 directors, members, partners, agents, employees or consultants of 1st for Women and/ or any of their associated or affiliated companies and/ or agencies or any supplier of goods or services in connection with a competition; and
3.2 The spouse, life partner, business partner or associate, or the natural or adopted parent, child or sibling, of any person specified in the above.
3.3 You may not participate in or be eligible to win a competition if you have won a competition promoted by 1st for Women within the past three months. You will be eligible to participate in a competition promoted by 1st for Women after the expiry of three months after the date on which you won the last competition.
HOW TO ENTER THE COMPETITION
4. Send an email to [email protected] telling 1st for Women about a situation that you have overcome and you are now fear-less as a result.
HOW MANY TIMES CAN ONE PERSON ENTER?
5. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
6. 100 randomly drawn lucky winners will each win a custom-made, limited edition 1st for Women Fearless T-shirt, designed by Palesa Mokubung of Mantsho, endorsed by Zozibini Thunzi, in partnership with 1st for Women.
REQUIREMENTS YOU MUST MEET TO USE THE PRIZE
6.1 The prize is not transferable or exchangeable.
6.2 You must possess whatever documents and permissions that may be required in order to accept and use a prize, which documents and permissions is your responsibility to obtain at your own cost, and which documents and permissions must remain valid in such minimum form and for such minimum period after the prize date as may be required by the relevant authorities.
6.3 1st for Women may require you to provide us with such additional information and documentation as we may reasonably require in order to process, confirm and facilitate your acceptance and/or use of a prize. If you refuse to provide us with the requested information or documentation, you will forfeit the prize.
DELIVERY AND / OR ACCEPTANCE OF PRIZE
7. 1st for Women will make the necessary arrangements for the delivery of the prize and duly inform the winner via a call or email.
8. The prize will be in the form of a T-shirt that will be delivered to the address as supplied by the winner.
9. By sharing your story, you are giving 1st for Women your full permission to share your story on any of our communications across any communication channel, including and not limited to, 1st for Women social media accounts (that is Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or YouTube), 1st for Women email communication, SMS communication and the 1st for Women website.
HOW WILL WINNERS BE NOTIFIED
10. Via a call or email detailing all the particulars we require from the winner in order to deliver their prize to the relevant address.
WHAT HAPPENS IF THE WINNER CANNOT BE CONTACTED OR IS NOT ABLE TO TAKE UP THE PRIZE
11. 1st for Women will attempt to contact the winner three times within a 72-hour period with the contact details provided. Should 1st for Women fail to contact the winner after this time, the winner will forfeit the prize and 1st for Women reserves the right to re-draw a new winner under the same conditions.
GROUNDS FOR DISQUALIFICATION
12. You may not win a prize if it is unlawful for 1st for Women to supply such a prize to you. If you do win such a prize, you will forfeit it.
13. If you fail to comply with any of the terms and conditions, then without prejudice to any other remedy which 1st for Women may have, you will be automatically disqualified, and you will forfeit the prize/s (in the event that you have already won a prize).
14. Your entry into the competition and/or your acceptance of a prize (in the event that you win a prize) constitutes your binding acceptance of the terms and conditions.
15. If you use a mobile phone for entry into the competition, the telephone calls / text messages/ data usage will be charged at the prevailing rates, which may vary from time to time. "Free" minutes under a cell-phone contract do not apply.
16. It is your responsibility to ensure that your entry is received by 1st for Women prior to the closure of the competition. Any entries which are not received by 1st for Women prior to the closure of the competition will not be eligible to participate, regardless of the reason for the late entry. 1st for Women and its affiliates are not responsible for any entries which are not received by 1st for Women, whether timeously or at all, regardless of the cause thereof. Without limitation, 1st for Women and its affiliates are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failure or malfunction, traffic congestion (whether physical, or on the Internet, telephone lines or at any service provider, web site or other device or medium), or any combination thereof, or any other technical or other problems.
17. 1st for Women and our affiliates are not responsible for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer, mobile telephone or other device used by you to enter into, or obtain any materials related to, the competition.
18. It is your responsibility to ensure that any information which you provide to 1st for Women is accurate, complete and up to date. Should any of the data provided by yourself in connection with this competition prove to be invalid, inaccurate, and false or misleading, your entry shall be disregarded, and you shall be prohibited from entering any further 1st for Women competitions for a set period to be determined by 1st for Women.
19. 1st for Women does not make any representations or give any warranties, whether expressly or implicitly, as to a prize, and in particular, but without limitation, make no representations and give no warranty that –
20. your entry or participation in the competition will necessarily result in you winning a prize; or
21. a prize, or any aspect thereof, will meet your, requirements, preferences, standards or expectations.
22. 1st for Women and our affiliates will not be responsible for any harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of a prize or any changes to a prize that may be made at any time.
23. Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for any other item.
24. 1st for Women may invite you to be present when the prize winners are determined or announced, to participate in any of our marketing activities, to appear in person in the electronic media and/or the print media, and/or to endorse, promote or advertise any of our goods or services, for which no fee, royalty or other compensation will be payable. You may decline such an invitation.
25. 1st for Women and our third-party suppliers, as the case may be, reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which we deem necessary. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, you agree to waive any rights, interests and expectations that you may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge that you will have no recourse against us, our affiliates and third-party suppliers.
26. You agree that your participation in the competition, and your acceptance and/or use of a prize, or any aspect thereof, is at your own risk.
27. 1st for Women and our affiliates will not be responsible, and disclaim all liability, for any loss, liability, injury, expense or damage (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, which is suffered by your participation in the competition or the acceptance and/or use by you, or your partner (if applicable), of any prize, or by any action taken by us or any of our affiliates in accordance with the terms and conditions.
28. You, and in the event of your death, your family, dependents, heirs, assignees or any other beneficiaries of your estate, indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by you, or your partner (if applicable), (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any injury, loss, liability, expense and/or damage which you may suffer, howsoever arising, in relation to your entry into this competition and/or acceptance and/or use by you of a prize.
29. You acknowledge that the acceptance and use of a prize is subject to the proviso that
29.1 all of the terms and conditions will apply to both you and your partner (if applicable), and you will ensure that your partner agrees to be bound and complies, and will continue to comply, therewith;
29.2 you will take full responsibility for your partner;
29.3 you indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by your partner or any third party in the event that your partner suffers any loss or damage pursuant to your partner’s acceptance and/or use of a prize;
29.4 any minor will be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
30. By entering this competition, contestants agree to receive marketing and/or promotional material from 1st for Women and/or any of their associated or affiliated companies. No contestant or winner of this competition is in any way obliged to enter into a contract of insurance with 1st for Women and/or a contract with any of their associated or affiliated companies.
31. For purposes hereof, "affiliate" means 1st for Women’s partners, co promoters and sponsors of this competition, our subsidiaries, our and their subsidiaries and respective holding companies, the subsidiaries of their holding companies, and our and their directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives.
32. These terms and conditions will be construed, interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of contract and dispute resolution in the Republic of South Africa
1st for Women and the judges' decision on any matter concerning the competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final and binding on you, and no correspondence will be entered into.