How does our “Own your fearless Fresh Start” Competition work?
1. We are using various social media to inform women about our “Own your fearless Fresh Start” competition.
2 All of our communications will drive women to get a 1st for Women quote in order to enter the competition. Get an obligation free quote and you could win R40 000 to own your fearless Fresh Start.
3 Facebook campaign comms “get an obligation free quote to enter” will open a lead form
for the person to confirm their name, number and email address to
submit their details for an agent to call them back for a quote.
4. Other coms like banners on our website will prompt women to visit ffw.co.za where they will click on the get a quote button and fill in the same details as above.
5. We will also be introducing ways to receive an extra entry over the period of the competition.
Primary focus and minimum requirement for an entry – “get an obligation free quote”. Other means to win one of two monthly R5000 prizes will only become available after the quote phase has been completed.
This includes a participant posting a video of themselves explaining what a fearless Fresh Start means to them – with the inclusion of a #fearlessfreshstart.
5. Competition Dates:
Competition starts on 10th February 2022 and will end on the March 31st 2022.
6. Winners will be notified telephonically in the event of a successful win (either for the monthly R5000 prizes or grand prize of R40 000) And we will also share a picture of the winners and their prize on our social media platforms.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1st for Women will be giving away R40 000 to potential clients who complete an obligation-free quote as well as an additional 2X monthly prize of R5000 to participants that share a video of themselves explaining what a fearless Fresh Start means to them with the #fearlessfreshstart.
The promoter of the competition is First for Women Insurance Company Limited, herein
after referred to as “1st for Women” (Registration number:1998/004804/06), an
authorised non-life insurer and financial services provider (FSP: 15261), whose registered office is at Auto & General Park, 1 Telesure Lane, Riverglen, Dainfern, 2191.
DURATION OF THE COMPETITION
1. The campaign will run from 10 February2022from the start date and can be paused or
stopped at any time without notice. The campaign will end 31 March 2022. 1st for Women reserve the right to change or extend the end date of the competition at any time without notice.
WHO MAY ENTER THE COMPETITION
1.1.1 the competition is open to both existing and the non-existing 1st for Women members of the public as it will run on 1st for Women’s website and social media pages.
1.1.2 Existing 1st for Women members can enter by
220.127.116.11 Getting an obligation free quote on any additional 1st for Women insurance product, not currently held by said existing member, thereafter an existing member can share a video of themselves explaining what a fearless Fresh Start means to them with the #fearlessfreshstart for a chance to win a R5000 monthly prize.
1.1.3 Non-existing 1st for Women members can enter by
18.104.22.168 Getting an obligation free quote on any 1st for Women insurance product, thereafter a non-existing member can share a video of themselves explaining what a fearless Fresh Start means to them with the #fearlessfreshstart for a chance to win a R5000 monthly prize.
WHO MAY NOT ENTER THE COMPETITION
2. The competition is not open to-
2.1 directors, members, partners, agents, employees or consultants of 1st for Women and/
or any of their associated or affiliated companies and/ or agencies or any supplier of
goods or services in connection with a competition; and
2.2 the spouse, life partner, business partner or associate, or the natural or adopted
parent, child or sibling, of any person specified in the above.
2.3 You may not participate in or be eligible to win a competition if you have won a competition promoted by 1st for Women within the past three months. You will be eligible to participate in a competition promoted by 1st for Women Insurance after the expiry of three months after the date on which you won the last competition.
HOW TO ENTER
3. Enter through logging into the 1st for Women portal, clicking on the 1st for Women
fearless Fresh Start Competition Banner or any “get a quote” button and completing and submitting the information required.
3.1 Additional entries can be submitted through specifically purposed digital and social media adverts and direct communications. Entries can be submitted through the mechanisms as detailed in those specific ads and communication elements.
HOW MANY TIMES CAN YOU ENTER?
4. The entrant may only enter once through each entry mechanism i.e. submit details for one quote.
5. The prize for supplying information for an obligation-free quote and completing the competition requirements include a grand prize of R40 000 and 2x R5000 monthly cash prizes.
REQUIREMENTS YOU MUST MEET TO USE THE PRIZE
6. Provide your valid personal details as required in the entry form.
7. An entry will only be considered valid if it has been made through the correct channels
e.g. the quote is requested through the 1st for Women online portal from which our call
centre contacted the individual being referred or via any other 1st for Women specified
channel of communication.
8. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable for cash.
9. 1st for Women may require you to provide us with such additional information and
documentation as we may reasonably require in order to process, confirm and facilitate
your acceptance and/or use of a prize. If you refuse to provide us with the requested
information or documentation, you will forfeit the prize.
DELIVERY AND / OR ACCEPTANCE OF PRIZE
10. 1st for Women will make the necessary arrangements for the delivery of the prize and
duly inform the winner telephonically. The prize will be handed over at a pre-arranged event. Such event may be done virtually in order to ensure compliance with COVID-19 regulations, as well as to ensure safety of all involved in such hand-over ceremony. The winner will be required to make themselves available for the hand-over of the prize.
HOW WILL THE WINNER BE NOTIFIED
13. The winners will be notified telephonically in the event of a successful entry.
WHAT HAPPENS IF THE WINNER CANNOT BE CONTACTED OR IS NOT ABLE TO
TAKE UP THE PRIZE?
14 Winner will have 48 Hours to contact FFW in order to accept the prize should they not answer the call from FFW and have 14 days in which to claim the prize before a new winner is selected.
GROUNDS FOR DISQUALIFICATION
15. You may not win the prize if it is unlawful for 1st for Women to supply such a prize to
you. If you do win such a prize, you will forfeit it.
16. If you fail to comply with any of the terms and conditions, then without prejudice to
any other remedy which 1st for Women may have, you will be automatically disqualified,
and you will forfeit the prize (in the event that you have already won a prize).
17. Your entry into the competition and/or your acceptance of the prize (in the event that
you win the prize) constitutes your binding acceptance of the terms and conditions.
18. If you use a mobile phone for entry into the competition, the telephone calls / text
messages/ data usage will be charged at the prevailing rates, which may vary from time to
time. "Free" minutes under a cell-phone contract do not apply.
19. It is your responsibility to ensure that your entry is received by 1st for Women prior to
the closure of the competition. Any entries which are not received by 1st for Women prior
to the closure of the competition will not be eligible to participate, regardless of the
reason for the late entry. 1st for Women and its affiliates are not responsible for any
entries which are not received by 1st for Women, whether timeously or at all, regardless of
the cause thereof. Without limitation, 1st for Women and its affiliates are not responsible
for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer
on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failure or malfunction,
traffic congestion (whether physical, or on the Internet, telephone lines or at any
service provider, web site or other device or medium), or any combination thereof, or any
other technical or other problems.
20. 1st for Women and our affiliates are not responsible for any injury or damage to your
or any other person’s computer, mobile telephone or other device used by you to enter
into, or obtain any materials related to, the competition.
21. It is your responsibility to ensure that any information which you provide to 1st for
Women is accurate, complete and up to date. Should any of the data provided by yourself
in connection with this competition prove to be invalid, inaccurate, and false or
misleading, your entry shall be disregarded, and you shall be prohibited from entering any
further 1st for Women competitions for a set period to be determined by 1st for Women.
22. 1st for Women does not make any representations or give any warranties, whether
expressly or implicitly, as to the prize, and in particular, but without limitation, make no
representations and give no warranty that –
22.1 your entry or participation in the competition will necessarily result in you winning a
22.2 the prize, or any aspect thereof, will meet your requirements, preferences, standards or
23. 1st for Women and our affiliates will not be responsible for any harm, damage, loss or
claim relating to the provision of any element of the prize or any changes to a prize that may
be made at any time.
24. Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for any
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
25. 1st for Women may invite you to be present when the prize winner is determined or
announced, to participate in any of our marketing activities, to appear in person in the
electronic media and/or the print media, and/or to endorse, promote or advertise any of
our goods or services, for which no fee, royalty or other compensation will be payable.
You may decline such an invitation.
26. 1st for Women and our third-party suppliers, as the case may be, reserve the right to
vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof,
without notice at any time, for any reason which we deem necessary. In the event of such
variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, you agree to waive any rights,
interests and expectations that you may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge
that you will have no recourse against us, our affiliates and third-party suppliers.
27. You agree that your participation in the competition, and your acceptance and/or use
of the prize, or any aspect thereof, is at your own risk.
28. 1st for Women and our affiliates will not be responsible, and disclaim all liability, for
any loss, liability, injury, expense or damage (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive
or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, which
is suffered by your participation in the competition or the acceptance and/or use by you,
or your partner (if applicable), of the prize, or by any action taken by us or any of our
affiliates in accordance with the terms and conditions.
29. You, and in the event of your death, your family, dependents, heirs, assignees or any
other beneficiaries of your estate, indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless
against any claim by you, or your partner (if applicable), (whether direct, indirect,
incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or
any other cause, relating to any injury, loss, liability, expense and/or damage which you
may suffer, howsoever arising, in relation to your entry into this competition and/or
acceptance and/or use by you of the prize.
30. You acknowledge that the acceptance and use of the prize is subject to the proviso that
30.1 all of the terms and conditions will apply to both you and your partner (if applicable),
and you will ensure that your partner agrees to be bound and complies, and will continue
to comply, therewith;
30.2 you will take full responsibility for your partner;
30.3 you indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by your
partner or any third party in the event that your partner suffers any loss or damage
pursuant to your partner’s acceptance and/or use of a prize;
30.4 any minor will be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
31. By entering this competition, contestants agree to receive marketing and/or
promotional material from 1st for Women and/or any of their associated or affiliated
companies. No contestant or winner of this competition is in any way obliged to enter into
a contract of insurance with 1st for Women and/or a contract with any of their associated
or affiliated companies.
32. For purposes hereof, "affiliate" means 1st for Women’s partners, co promoters and
sponsors of this competition, our subsidiaries, our and their subsidiaries and respective
holding companies, the subsidiaries of their holding companies, and our and their
directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives.
33. These terms and conditions will be construed, interpreted and enforced in accordance
with the laws of contract and dispute resolution in the Republic of South Africa
34. 1st for Women and the judges' decision on any matter concerning the competition
and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final and binding on you, and no
correspondence will be entered into.