This 24-hour facility provides you with telephonic medical advice and assistance, as well as emergency care by doctors; ICU trained nursing sisters and paramedics.
- Emergency evacuation and comprehensive ambulance services.
- A medical advice and information hotline.
- Emergency medical response to the scene of the emergency
- Inter-hospital, upgrade and downgrade transfers.
- Medical repatriation to the patient's home town.
- Escorted return of minors.
- In-hospital medical monitoring.
- Payment for a compassionate visit by a family member.
- R5000 guaranteed hospital admission per annum, in the event of an unforeseen life-threatening accident.
- A trauma line with a financial benefit not exceeding R5000 per family per annum.
- Repatriation of mortal remains.
- Bereavement support and funeral arrangement assistance.
- Family and domestic abuse
- Sexual assault counselling
- Child Abuse
- HIV counselling
NURSE @ FIRST
Nurse @ First is a personal medical advice line that offers you a better understanding of various chronic ailments such as cancer, HIV/Aids, diabetes, asthma and other conditions.
Nurse @ First also offers specific treatment advice to help the patient, and those around her, cope better with her circumstances. This benefit addresses both chronic illnesses and women's health issues, like pregnancy, child care, addiction and many more. All nurses are trained counsellors and can offer advice on coping skills or can refer you to appropriate medical care clinics.
With 1st for Women insurance policies you’ll get an HIV-support product called Expo-Sure which ensures that you and your family have full access to confidential HIV testing and treatment within the critical 72-hour window period after accidental exposure. This greatly reduces the possibility of becoming HIV positive.
- A free HIV test once you are at the doctor.
- If the test is negative, you will be provided with Anti-Retroviral treatment.
- An ongoing phone-in counselling service.
- Counselling to the value of R3 000 per family, per incident.
- R2000 to improve your home security.
Operating through a nationwide network of over 110 recognised trauma centres,Trauma Assist offers you:
- Three face-to-face trauma counselling sessions.
- Assistance with courtroom preparation for witnesses/survivors.
- Referral to group therapy and support groups.
- Accompaniment to ID parades and court hearings.
- Referral to a place of safety or shelter.
Trauma Assist is included with all car, buildings and home contents insurance policies.
Pets are family too, and with our Home Contents policy, Pet Cover is included. So, if your furry loved one is accidentally injured in a motor accident, we’ll cover the veterinary expenses up to the specified amount on your schedule.
Pet Cover is automatically included with our Home Contents Insurance policies.