Home Contents Insurance will protect all of those precious items which you’ve filled your house with against theft, loss and damage.
Our Home Contents Insurance policy also covers, up to the limit stated on your schedule:
- Fire, lightning, explosion, and/or earthquake.
- Burst water pipes.
Storms and floods.
- Damage to your home and outbuildings by animals, vehicles and falling trees (but not while they are being felled).
- Aircrafts or objects falling from them .
- Malicious or intentional damage.
- Break-in or theft, where we can see the damage caused by the break-in.
- Subsidence (sinking) of land and landslips.
- Your garages, outbuildings, swimming pool, walls and gates are all covered by buildings insurance.
- Food that spoils in your fridge during a power outage.
- Washing stolen from the line and garden furniture stolen from your garden.
- Your guest’s belongings that were stolen from your home.
- Money stolen from your home (provided there is evidence of a break-in).
- Locks and keys damaged during the break in.
- Medical expenses for an injury caused by your pet or a defect in your building.
- Veterinary expenses for your household pet.
An easy way to determine this is to imagine taking the roof off your home and turning it upside down, everything that falls out of your home constitutes your home contents.
You will then have to consider what it would cost to replace all these items at today’s values and that is how much you should insure your home contents for.
Emergencies inside your home need no longer turn into nightmares! With Home Assist, the call-out fee plus 1 hour’s labour for the services of plumbers, electricians, glaziers and locksmiths will be covered. You also have full access to a comprehensive database, where referrals are given for: builders, carpet specialists, painters, garden services and fire damage repairers.