Stay afloat with Boat Insurance! With this policy, your vessel will be covered if it gets accidentally damaged or stolen.
Your Boat Insurance policy will also cover you for the following:
- Your boat, its machinery and motor(s), standard fittings, gear, equipment and fitted accessories.
- The cost of finding your boat should it become stranded, sink or be involved in a collision.
- Salvaging and delivering your boat to the nearest border post, if necessary.
- In the event of an accident that leads to the damage of another party, or in the event of an accident that leads to the death or injury of a third party.
- You will also receive up to R2 000 medical costs cover per incident with your Boat Insurance policy if it is involved in an accident or sinks.
- Water-skier liability will also be included with Boat Insurance if your schedule states that you are paying for this cover. Be sure to say that you would like this cover when requesting a quote or speaking to one of our consultants.
The good news is that Boat Insurance provides comprehensive cover for your craft when in the waters of, or when transported through, South Africa, Botswana, Swaziland, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique and Namibia.
The bad news is that your Boat Trailer will not be insured along with your Boat Insurance policy. The reason for this is that your trailer counts as a separate vehicle and therefore needs to be insured separately with a Trailer Insurance policy.